On Game of Thrones, patriarch and cold-hearted tactical mastermind Tywin Lannister personally oversees the work of one of the best blacksmiths in the kingdom. The task at hand: melting down the broadsword Ice, property of the now-dispatched Eddard Stark, to forge two new blades for the Lannisters. Besides the obvious metaphorical value of melting down your foe’s weapon to make it your own, there’s another driver behind Lord Tywin’s action: Ice is one of the few remaining swords in the Game of Thrones universe known to be made of Valyrian steel, a mystical material that makes the best weapons around. But the secret of making this alloy has been lost to the ages. Only a handful of smiths in Westeros know how to reshape the material.
This brings up an important question: In the real world, can you just melt and reforge a steel alloy without losing the properties that make it great?
There is only one thing we say to Death. Not Today!
Lets hope that all our favorite characters keep this in mind for the new season of Game of Thrones. (Arya I’m lookin’ at you!)
To celebrate the return of Game of Thrones, we’re giving away one of our brand new Game of Thrones Inspired God of Death T-shirts . We’re also offering free shipping on all orders of our God of Death t-shirt until April 16th. Just enter the coupon code “NOTTODAY” during checkout. Please follow UnicornEmpirePrints on tumblr for giveaway announcements.
- Each like or reblog counts as one entry.
- Please don’t flood people’s dashboard. Limit reblogs to 3 per day.
- "Giveaway accounts" (accounts set up just for reblogging giveaways) are not eligible.
- Giveaway and free shipping ends midnight (PST) April 16th, 2014.
- We will announce the winner here and contact them via ask. If we don’t hear back from the winner within a week, a new winner will be selected